Friday, September 17, 2010

They're Watching

Angelee is starting to climb out of bed.  She crawls around in her bed quite well, retrieving a book that is just out of reach, or the stuffed dog she tossed.  I'm learning not to put things just out of her reach on a table - she goes after them!  She tries to climb down when I leave her bedside. She's getting more mobile as her body heals, but her mind hasn't caught up.  She doesn't have the rational thought abilities to make good movement choices.  Am I actually saying that about a 2-year-old?  That's what got us into this in the first place!

I have to watch her very carefully.  The nurses station someone to watch her during the night when I'm asleep.  They are very unobtrusive, and I appreciate their diligence in keeping Angelee safe - but have you ever slept while someone is watching you?  It's a little odd.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment