Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunday News

We still don't have internet at home, so I couldn't post anything yesterday.  Our router was going bad, but the new one doesn't like us.  Maybe some RSP (Royal Smart Person) can come fix it for us.

I took the boys up to the hospital on Sunday.  The boys didn't want to be away from Angelee at all, so we went to the church services the hospital provides.  I thought I would just take the boys to the short meeting, but Angelee ended up going with us, too.  It was her first outing.  The staff unhooked her, fastened on her helmet, and away we went.  Our 16-year-old was so gentle as he pulled her in the little red wagon.  During the service, I picked her up and rocked her in my arms.  It felt so good to hold my little girl again!  When it was over, her 14-year-old brother rearranged the pillows and blankets in the wagon, and pulled her carefully back to her room.  I am so impressed with how tenderly these big teenage boys treat their beloved little sister.

What else?  She rolled over for the first time, which was exciting because she is showing us that the muscles in her trunk are still working.  We'll have to watch her carefully that she doesn't wiggle herself out of bed.  She smiled for her baby brothers.  She pulled the feeding tube out of her nose - with her right hand this time.  And she gave her daddy a big, toothy grin and a little giggle.  He was so touched to see that our Angelee really was still in there.

We got home early enough that we could get caught up on the laundry, and the boys made caramel popcorn.  They couldn't get enough of it from the wonderful care package we got (thank you Erica, Cindy, and Christy!), so they made more.  And the best part was that we were able to get a decent night's rest.  That makes all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you found something I can actually do for you guys. Give me a holler if you need help with your network!

    And I have been so glad to hear how much better Angelee is doing.

    ReplyDelete