Friday, September 10, 2010

Show Me Your Teeth

I am exhausted.  Trying to care for my baby girl, the twinfants, and having all the kids in the hospital wore me right out.  One of the babies is getting fussy, and I worry that I'm making enough milk for him.  The hospital is not a nice place for a family to hang out.

Note to self:  find new Friday date night venue.

Angelee's oldest brother and her grandma were in her room this afternoon.  Her brother was talking to her and said, "Show me your teeth."  This is a little game he would often play with her.  We had not been successful in getting her to follow any verbal commands like "squeeze my finger," or "lift your arms," but she evidently listens to her brother more than she listens to the doctor.  She looked at him and opened her mouth!  Yay!  That means 1) she can hear for sure, and 2) she understood that spoken command.  That's a huge step and we are so excited!

4 comments:

  1. that is so wonderful to hear. Our prayers are with you.
    -garrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Maybe she was waiting for a command she liked to do... Our prayers continue to be with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great news! She is such a sweetheart! I was able to be with her for a few months in nursery and she has such a sweet spirit. We are praying for her and for your family.
    -Dede Crowley, AF 23rd Ward

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad this happened to such a wonderful little girl. I am happy to hear she is responding to commands from her big brothers. It is such a blessing to have her in Nursery and I am blessed to be one of her nursery leaders. Our prayers are with her and your family.
    - Jennifer Evans, AF 23rd Ward

    ReplyDelete